Can't believe this is my ninth year of doing this! Here goes...
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Went on holiday with my girlfriend's mum, sold something handmade on etsy, been the tooth fairy, rented a whole house with a garden, meal-planned for entire months at a time, made a fish pie, grew and ate vegetables in our own garden, got a dog (as an adult), read Harry Potter to my sister Charlotte, planned a holiday to Japan and China (we're going in March!), handmade the majority of Christmas and birthday gifts, made bubblegum (Libby got a kit for Christmas), saw a reindeer close up, opened a joint bank account, wrote a NaNoWriMo novel for adults rather than young adults, went to Warwick Castle, joined the Youth Hostel Association and went on a youth hosteling holiday, made a hat, bought hockey jerseys (I have a Canucks one and a Blaze one), became a remote worker, had a fish pedicure, went running every day for a whole month, watched a royal wedding (on TV!), used vacuum bags for storage, used no-jet-lag tablets (amazing!), went to Seattle.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more?
I didn't keep last year's (to get rid of my Christmas belly). Oops! This year's will be to get fitter in the early part of the new year, ready for skiing again in April. Hopefully walking the dog several times per day in all weathers will help with that one!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! Abi gave birth to a gorgeous baby girl - Sophie Charlotte
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada (Victoria and Vancouver (plus Montreal as we changed planes there and were surprised how French it is!), USA (Seattle (plus we changed planes in Houston), Scotland (Edinburgh)
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
My answer for probably all of the previous 8 years of this has been a dog, and this year we have one! I'm happy to enjoy life with her for now, until we go on to wanting to buy houses and have babies!
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory?
August 27th - the day we left London, and December 18th - the day we got engaged!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Planning a wonderful proposal on top of Grouse Mountain in Vancouver. I'd been planning it since March, bought the ring in October and was almost sick on the day with nerves!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Putting weight on after starting working from home for the majority of the time in August.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Juan - our roomba. We wouldn't live without one now, he's awesome!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The clean-up teams after the riots in the summer.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The monsters who slandered and fired my mum from the job she'd had for almost 15 years, throwing her out of her home. Also the yobs who smashed up both of her cars shortly afterwards.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, and an engagement ring.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving to the country! And ice hockey!
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
You got them moobs like Jagger, moobs like Jagger, moo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oobs like Jagger!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii. richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eating chocolate! And spending money! We could do with some savings right about now...
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In Victoria in Canada with my Dad, Sue, the kids, Nicky, Nicky's mum Angela and some family friends Sue and Tony. It was a really wonderful Christmas, made even more special by the fact that Nicky and I were on our own last Christmas, so it was lovely to be all together this year.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I'm already very much in love.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
'Merlin', 'Game of Thrones', 'X Factor' and 'Extreme Couponing'. Also 'My Transsexual Summer' was an excellent mini series
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
The Percy Jackson series
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Adele, plus I'm partial to a bit of the Bublé, but don't tell Nicky!
28. What did you want and get?
A house in the country! A dog! A fiancée!
29. What did you want and not get?
Lego Harry Potter episodes 5-7 on the DS, but I'm extremely happy with everything I did get this year!
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The final Harry Potter film. Also Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief, I must have watched it 10 times already. Also Going the Distance, which is quite a good rom-com although not one to watch with parents!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 28 and spent the day in Tring with Nicky, mum and Nigel. We went to the natural history museum, and had a picnic in the park! The following day we met Dad in Winchester and went out for a lovely breakfast in a hotel and then wandered round the old town. Perfect!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more
Nothing could have made this year any better.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Jack Wills meets the Gap.
34. What kept you sane?
Switching to decaf coffee, I highly recommend it!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The London riots. They were just before we left London, and definitely did nothing to convince us to stay!
37. Who did you miss?
My family in Canada. When I saw them at Christmas I hadn't seen them since July!
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably Robert from work. He's an American stand-up comedian who got into Game of Thrones in a big way this year!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
It's all worth it the end
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I'm on the right track baby, I was born this way"
Posted via LiveJournal app for iPad.
- Current Location:United Kingdom, England,Warwickshire,Warwick District, Warwick